Monday, June 3rd, 2013 Brogan Blaine Hamblin was born at 8:17 pm weighing 8 lbs. 3 oz. and 21 1/2 inches long. I was about 37 1/2 weeks and went in for my weekly check. I had been very uncomfortable for quite a while now and had been dilated to a 3 for about a week. I told Dr. Miller I was ready to go and since he couldn't legally start me, he told me to go home, walk around for a while to start the contractions and then come back to the hospital that afternoon. So that is exactly what I did. The contractions were regular and so I called Blaine to let him know and made arrangements for the other kids. About 2 pm we went to the hospital and wouldn't you know, the contractions stopped. I thought for sure they would send me home, but Dr. Miller must have sweet talked them into keeping me because soon he came in and broke my water, Heather came and picked up the kids, and then Brogan was born. It all happened very quickly. We are so thrilled to have him. He gets a lot of loving everyday from his siblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment