Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Kid Updates

Thought I throw in some things the kids are doing these days. Unfortunately, no pictures-- see post below.

JACE

Jace is really into being a different animal everyday. His favorites include a tiger, cat, horse, and dog. His imagination knows no bounds. He loves Jenna and will run to get his step stool so he can watch me dress her or change a diaper. We are never short of kisses when he's around. We went in to the doctor for Jenna's 1 month check up and the pediatrician asked Jace how he was doing. His response, "I'm good and my baby sister's doing great!" He is a great big brother and a huge help. I saw this on a friend's blog and thought I would try it, although I tweeked it and asked my own questions.

Mom: Where did Jenna come from?
Jace: the doctor

Mom: What do you do in nursery?
Jace: I share the train

Mom: What is your favorite movie?
Jace: Finding Nemo

Mom: Why do you like Nemo?
Jace: I found him on TV.

Mom:Why do you like your daddy?
Jace: I like my daddy at work.

Mom: Why do you like your mommy?
Jace: I like my mommy at home.

Mom: What do you like to do outside?
Jace: I like to ride my bike.

Mom: What do you like to do in the house?
Jace: Play with my toys.

Just some random, everyday questions, but received some interesting answers. But I assure you, he prefers to have his daddy home rather that at work. :)

JENNA

Jenna is growing up so fast, already 5 1/2 weeks old. She is starting to show her first smiles and is such a joy to be around. She is a really even-tempered baby, but will let you know when something is wrong. She prefers to be held and is a pretty good sleeper, will only wake up once or twice a night. At her 1 month check-up, she weighed 10 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 inches long. That puts her a little above average. Her hair is either lightening up or thinning, but still long enough to wear a clip. Jenna loves to take baths and to be free of the diaper. We love her so much.

There is never a dull moment in our house and I am still getting used to having two kids. Crazy!

6 comments:

The Allen Fam said...

Isn't life so fun and full of excitement with children!! I am so excited for you guys to get to move closer to home!! Good luck with the job and house hunting!!

Andrea said...

I loved the Q&A with Jace...so adorable! Can't wait for the pictures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new addition! I know I'm several weeks late but better late than never :)

Tess said...

glad to hear some updates from you. I thought you'd come to idaho and we'd missed you. Now, that you are moving here- we are pumped! Good luck with the job and house hunt.

Holly and Kevin said...

Angie,
I don't think we've met, but I'm your favorite cousin's (Kevin) wife, Holly. Just wanted to congratulate you on you beautiful baby. Looks like you guys are doing well in Tennesee. I'm glad you found our blog. I think it's a great way to stay connected.
Holly

Holly and Kevin said...

Angie,
I don't think we've met, but I'm your favorite cousin's (Kevin) wife, Holly. Just wanted to congratulate you on you beautiful baby. Looks like you guys are doing well in Tennesee. I'm glad you found our blog. I think it's a great way to stay connected.
Holly