A month--wow! I didn't think it could go by so fast. We have been enjoying another big snow storm, the removal of Jace's cast, Easter, graduations, Jenna starting to crawl, and house-hunting. Our house in Tennessee is scheduled to close on May 10th and we can't wait. We went down to Provo last weekend for the graduation of my SIL, Amanda. It was so fun to see them and their cute home. We had a great time even if it was so short. From Provo, we made our way up to Brigham City and Tremonton on Saturday and spent to whole day looking, oohing and aahing, and also eewwwing. We found a home that we really like so hopefully things will turn out. That same weekend Jenna started crawling--finally! It seems like she has taken forever. Jace was close to walking at this age.
A few weeks ago we had a huge snowstorm that dropped at least a couple of feet overnight. Blaine broke out his cross-country skis and made tracks around the yard. Jace even enjoyed some rides. Did I mention that Blaine hasn't skied in a long time?! We don't get much snow in Tennessee. They also made a snow cave and had a good time. Soon after the kids and I made our way back to Burley for Easter and to have Jace's cast removed. He was excited to have it off and I thought he understood what was going to happen, but he just fell apart during the x-rays. Even to the point where the technicians and I had to basically hold him down. I was somewhat laughing because I just didn't understand why he was putting up such a fight. We finally got that over with and we were cleared to have it taken off. Well, since the x-rays were such a big deal, I was pretty nervous about the removal. But he did fine, just sat there and watched the whole thing. Never threw a fit, cried, screamed, anything. I was baffled. He wanted to keep the cast to show his Dad (which didn't stink) but soon after, we chucked it. We also had a great Easter get-together and a fun Easter egg hunt. The Easter Bunny visited while we were gone. I made their quilts, and for a first-timer (by myself anyway), I don't think I did too bad of a job. It has been a full month and we hope next month brings more changes (like a new house.) Wish us luck!!
7 comments:
So much has happened in a month! Good luck with the house thing, and I love the quilts. Nice work.
Wow! That's a lot! The kids are getting so big. Glad to hear that you were able to sell the house here in TN! The quilts were beautiful, especially for a first run (I couldn't tell). =) Let us know where you get settled. =)
You're moving to Brigham City/Tremonton area? My in-laws are in the Tremonton/Garland area, so we'd love to see you sometime when we come down.
Good job on the quilts--you did a great job. Jenna is getting so big, can't believe she's crawling already.
Your quilts are beautiful. I'm so glad that Jace was able to get his cast off.
Wow you had a busy month, glad to see Jace get his cast off.
How funny that you are looking for a house in Tremonton or Brigham City. Nathan grew up in Brigham City and that's where we lived right after we were married. We're also pretty familiar with Tremonton since we both attended school in Logan and ventured out there on occasion. It's a beautiful area. Good Luck with your house hunting.
So many fun changes. I hope that all is going well with house selling and hunting. Love to you guys,
Chris and fam
Post a Comment