Gma and Gpa Pickup asked (and I stress the word 'asked') if they could take both of the kids for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago. After they first left, I kind of walked around in circles unsure of what to do. But no worries, we quickly caught on and got a lot of stuff done and spent some great quality time together. Thanks Mom and Dad. We spent a great day in Logan with a session at the temple and some general shopping. One of our goals was to get a bunkbed for Jace's room. We just wanted to give him more space in his room to play. (which by the way has been very successful) Plus he has always wanted one and we love surprises. So we stayed up until 1am Saturday night putting the thing together. It went a lot faster after Blaine remembered he had the drill bit we needed to insert the 5 1/2 inch bolts into the bed. Fortunately we had only done a few with the ratchet. All and all, it was worth it when Jace came home and saw it. Our conversation went something like this:
After the happy reunion wore off--
Mom: Jace why don't you run up to your room and put this stuff away?
Jace: Do we have a bunkbed?
WHAT??
Jace: Wow, we do!! I love bunkbeds. Can I sleep on the top?
So he crawled up there and was devastated.
Sidenote: We don't own any matching sheet sets. Never had twin beds before so the next best thing was the sheets from college when Blaine and I were single. So the bottom bunk has the "manly" blue striped sheets that belonged to Blaine with his same comforter that was on his previous bed. The top bunk has my flowered sheets from college with a pink, white, and blue comforter. I thought it would less conspicuous up there.
Jace: I can't have flowers. Flowers are for girls and I want my blanket........................... you get the idea.
After his 4 yr old crisis wore off, he found that the bed was still fun, although a little girly and has enjoyed it ever since. Happy ending.
No comments:
Post a Comment