Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend Project

We have been working on a project for the last couple of weekends. It is nice to have a husband that can make your design functional. We put the bookcases in our furnace/ water heater closet and gave them a hinge so that we can still access those things. I love the look and they turned out better than I expected. Love my handyman!!
starting out with the boxes, the kids and I gave them a few coats of paint.

couldn't resist this cutie

shelves and beadboard are in.
adjusting the hinges

another picture of them open

staying busy

before the trim

such a helper

starting out with the trim

a few close ups



the finished product

I don't know

4 comments:

Itty_Bitty_Wittes said...

Oh man! Jace cracks me up! That is amazing! I have pulled Nathan over to the computer for some "inspiration" for the basement! Hahaha

Kathy said...

Totally awesome Angie. I so wish I had a place to do that in our house. You are totally brilliant.

Missy said...

That is great. Was it just a normal door there before?

Anonymous said...

I love this...Good job Brother!!
Andrea