We celebrated Jace's birthday early since we had a wedding to go to, but we had to do something on the actual day-- you only turn 6 once. Even though the last thing we needed was more goodies around the house that close to Christmas, he really wanted to actually blow out the candles. He is convinced that he doesn't turn older until the candles are out. So I tried to be a little frugal and use what I already had and what I already had was the tops to two wedding cakes that I had made the week before. Luckily he chose chocolate with chocolate frosting so I slapped some frosting between the two "tops" and stuck them together, frosted the top and put in 6 candles. The little guy was thrilled and we are thrilled to have such a great kid, good big brother, and wonderful example. Happy Birthday Jacer!!
 |
| with his "upcycled" cake |
 |
| sporting new WY hat and beloved Transformers |
No comments:
Post a Comment