Friday, January 10, 2014

1st Day of School 2013-2014

We were ALL excited to start school again although I think Jenna and I were more so than Jace. Everyone was up and ready, bright and early. After the traditional pictures, Jace rode his bike down to the bus stop. I followed behind in the car. He is outside in a portable this year, which at first I didn't like, but it seems to be working out well. His teacher is Mrs. Gray and is great. He knew a few kids in his class and was one of the first to pick out his desk. He was excited to be there and to get started. We are sure proud of this kid. I can't believe he is in 2nd grade!

outside his classroom
with Mrs. Gray


                                      
This girl was so excited to finally be starting kindergarten! She had done really well on all her pre-exams and had her clothes laid out and backpack ready to go. Unfortunately she doesn't leave until after lunch as she is in afternoon kindergarten. I was disappointed at that at first, but it has really worked out for the best. Her teacher is Mrs. Holverson and it is her first year too. Jenna also had many friends in her class that she already knew. Some are Kaisa Christensen, Hudson Rigby, and Madi Leak. She is in the same classroom that Jace was in for kindergarten. She loves going to school everyday and is disappointed when there is a holiday or Teacher's Inservice. She never complains about doing her homework and is catching onto reading. We sure love this girl and can't believe she is growing up so quickly.
                                     
                                                

                                      
waiting for the bus. the only one at our stop.

with Mrs. Holverson

with her friends Kaisa and Madi

after a long first day











No comments: