Well we're back from our wonderful trip home. We had a great time and it was so much fun to see everyone. Justin and Amanda's wedding was beautiful and it was good to see Shane before he leaves in May for his mission to Baton Rouge. We were able to see and do so many things though, unfortunately, Jace and I were plagued by illness for much of the trip. I had the typical cold that seemed much worse than normal (must be the elevation!) and Jace couldn't decide what he wanted to be sick with. Soon after we arrived, he contracted a herpes virus somewhere along the trip. He started out not eating well and finally told us that he had "owies" in his mouth. We found this huge, what we thought was a canker sore, on his tongue and thought he had just bit it. After a couple of days, I finally took him to the doctor. She said he had this highly contagious, though very common virus plus a huge ear infection. Unfortunately the herpes virus is untreatable and just has to take its course. So after loading him up on soft foods and Tylenol plus medication for his ear infection, it cleared up after a few days and he was back to his old self. This is about where I came down with my cold with a terrible cough that sounded like I would loose a lung at any moment (I'm sure you wanted to know). I was couch ridden for a couple of days with the cough hanging around for more than a week. Soon after that, Jace came down with a fever that left him whiny and clingy for the rest of our trip. Sounds like a lot of fun huh? But it really was, between the sickness we had time to ride the horses and tractors, see and visit with family and cousins, watch my brothers play Explorer basketball, have an Easter egg hunt, play T-ball, and just have a great time. It was good to come home, we missed Blaine and our own house, but we look forward to August when we will be returning. Hope you guys won't be too sick of us by then!! Thanks to everyone for a great time and all the help you gave!
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Trip Home
Well we're back from our wonderful trip home. We had a great time and it was so much fun to see everyone. Justin and Amanda's wedding was beautiful and it was good to see Shane before he leaves in May for his mission to Baton Rouge. We were able to see and do so many things though, unfortunately, Jace and I were plagued by illness for much of the trip. I had the typical cold that seemed much worse than normal (must be the elevation!) and Jace couldn't decide what he wanted to be sick with. Soon after we arrived, he contracted a herpes virus somewhere along the trip. He started out not eating well and finally told us that he had "owies" in his mouth. We found this huge, what we thought was a canker sore, on his tongue and thought he had just bit it. After a couple of days, I finally took him to the doctor. She said he had this highly contagious, though very common virus plus a huge ear infection. Unfortunately the herpes virus is untreatable and just has to take its course. So after loading him up on soft foods and Tylenol plus medication for his ear infection, it cleared up after a few days and he was back to his old self. This is about where I came down with my cold with a terrible cough that sounded like I would loose a lung at any moment (I'm sure you wanted to know). I was couch ridden for a couple of days with the cough hanging around for more than a week. Soon after that, Jace came down with a fever that left him whiny and clingy for the rest of our trip. Sounds like a lot of fun huh? But it really was, between the sickness we had time to ride the horses and tractors, see and visit with family and cousins, watch my brothers play Explorer basketball, have an Easter egg hunt, play T-ball, and just have a great time. It was good to come home, we missed Blaine and our own house, but we look forward to August when we will be returning. Hope you guys won't be too sick of us by then!! Thanks to everyone for a great time and all the help you gave!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Great blog and pictures Ang! I'm glad you had a good trip home - sorry about being sick the whole time thats no fun! I can't believe Jace is driving that tractor. I probably just don't know enough about them but that would freak me out! I don't think I could even drive one by myself!
sorry we missed you when you were hear. make sure to call us next time. i guess maybe it was good we didn't see you so that we didn't get any of the many sicknesses!
Who let Jace drive the tractor??? And I thought I was nervous having Brooke drive! I found you blog through Sandy's....hope you don't mind. We're all happy you're home. Sorry you were sick while you were gone.
sorry to hear you & jace were so sick! it's hard to travel anyway with a toddler, i'm glad you had help & were able to have some fun inbetween.
Angie! Cute blog!! It even inspired us(well-me, Justin's not quite the blogging type) to start our own blog! Even though we don't have many happenings to post-but if that's alright I put a link to yours on our page under friends and family! If that's not-I'm totally alright with that! Anyways-it was good to meet you for that short amount of time-looking forward to getting to know you better in August!
Love-Amanda Pickup :)
Oh-if you want to check it out-our blog is justinandamandapickup.blogspot.com
Hey Angie,
Sounds like you guys are doing great! This is Emily Steadman Albertson. It's so fun to see your blog, I have one too (it's private--here is my email steadyem@yahoo.com. Email me and I will invite you to see ours) I've been wondering where you have been.
Looks like you had a great time (minus the being sick part). The tractor and horses sent me down memory lane!
I am so excited for you to have a girl! Jace is such a cutie!
It was soo great to see you guys. I too was so sad Jace had such a hard time. Hopefully he is a much happier little camper now that he is home and back to his regular routine and life! I love the pic...would you mind e-mailing the one's of Ava Eden on the horse? They turned out great. Anyhwho...it was great seeing you all and we will look forward to the next trip!
Hey Angie, thanks for leaving me a comment!! We are in North Salt Lake, I stay home with the kids and Brad keeps busy with work! Sounds like you guys are doing good!! Congrats on the coming baby girl!! It is so fun to see what everyone is up to! Your little guy is a cutie!! I'm going to add you to my friends list. Have fun!! We'll talk to you later!!
Looks like you had so much fun, I love going home, "there's no place like home." Have you guys thought of any baby names yet?
Post a Comment