Tuesday, September 16, 2008

We've Returned!

We have returned from our trip out West and are finally getting back into the groove of things. We had a great time visiting and was able to see just about everyone. We started out in Mountain View where we stayed a few days and enjoyed some down time. All of Blaine's siblings came up and it was good to see everyone and we're amazed at how much their kids have grown. Blaine and Jace were able to go out on the desert one morning with Mike and Kathy and they had a great time and brought back a few fossils. Jenna and I enjoyed some one-on-one quiet time while they were gone. We also took some family pictures before most of us started out for Idaho. We all enjoyed a great dutch oven dinner when we got to my parent's house. Thanks to all who were able to come. (we missed you, Brent and Collette!) All the grandkids got reacquainted and had a fun time with each other. Sunday morning rolled around and Jenna's blessing went great. Blaine did a wonderful job- it was great to share it with so many friends and family. We were only missing 3 siblings and their families. Another big dinner at the Pickup house (thanks Mom and Dad!) and everyone started for home. Sunday nights are always full of fun and games and this night was no exception. I love being there and reminiscing and laughing with everyone. The next day was Labor Day and we all just took it easy. Tuesday Blaine, Jenna, and I traveled to Idaho Falls to start job and house searching. Jace stayed and played with his cousin Lucy. It was a long day and we were glad to get back. Bright and early Wednesday morning, Blaine drove back down to Salt Lake to catch his plane home. We really missed him. The rest of the trip was spent watching my sister play volleyball, brothers play football, some friendly family basketball games, a lot of visiting, and my new niece's blessing as well. It was bittersweet when it was time to go home, but we will hopefully be moving closer soon. But this time my mom was returning home with me. The trip home was going pretty smoothly until our layover in Denver when Jace tripped and sprained his ankle. So then we had to carry both Jenna and Jace. So glad you were there Mom! He was pretty whiny the rest of the day. We finally got home and settled down into our own beds. Everyone slept pretty good that night and recovered from the travel. It was great to have my mom here and do some fun things with her, but mostly to have her to myself for some very rare one-on-one time. With 10 kids in the family, that doesn't come often. She was such a great help and so patient with Jace. I just loved visiting with her and I feel like I got to know her better. I love you Mom! She left this morning and we miss her already. So now back to the old grind.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you and your family. Hopefully it's not 6 months before we see you again. Miss you already!

Lori

Anonymous said...

Too bad we missed you. I didn't know you were going to be in Idaho Falls. Hopefully you were able to look at some good homes. We have several nice homes in our neighborhood and surrounding areas for sale. Let us know if you come again.

Anonymous said...

Hey Hamblins! Idaho Falls? That would be nice to have you closer- so we can get together sometime.
We finally set up a blog-, so come visit anytime. It's hsoverton.blogspot.com.

Anonymous said...

I lied- it's hsovertonfam.blogspot.com. :)

charlesfam said...

We're sad we weren't able to connect with you guys. Any luck yet on a job? We look forward to having you guys closer. I'd love to get our kids together and see your baby.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a great time. I cried when talked about your mom going home - what a baby I am! Glad to have you back.

Anonymous said...

your say here was awesome and i just love if you guys cae closer to home soon!! Love Ya!!!

Daliss Renee

Katie said...

So good to hear from you! Blogging has been such a great way for me to keep in touch with people. Every time I walk by your old house I always wonder how you are doing. It sounds like you're great! Congratulations on your new baby girl. She is adorable!