We finally rolled into Mountain View around 6pm Saturday night. It was a long 3 days of driving, but after 2000 miles, $600 in gas, and 2 nights in hotels, we were ready to stay a while. Jenna was a great trucker and I finally read "Twilight" front to back while Blaine drove the whole way. We were welcomed by family who was ready to help us unload our truck. It didn't take nearly as long to unload as it did to load it, but we did have 1 casualty (so far). A bottle of wood stain somehow tipped over and leaked all over our refrigerator and my fairly new sofa. It makes me almost physically sick to think about it. So if anyone has any tips on how to make a miracle (or getting stains out of upholstery) I am more than grateful to hear it. I hate moving! We wanted to give a big thanks to everyone who helped us out. Gail- thanks for coming over and cleaning my entire house. You saved my sanity. Manda for the lunch gift certificates and for always thinking of us. Christina for the gift and watching Jace for us so many times while we were packing. Sandy for freeing me of some crafts. I know you'll appreciate them. April for the clothes for Jenna. It was great knowing ya, even if just for a little while. For nine great guys who took time out of their day and from their families to help us load our life into the back of a 26 foot truck. It would've been impossible without them. Baslers- thanks for being great nursery leaders. Jace misses you already. I know I have missed many people who were great friends and examples to us. You won't be forgotten (I'll be blog-stalking!)
Also a big thanks to Devan & Jackie, Justin & Amanda, Brent & Collette (sorry we missed you), and Lori for being willing to help us unload. Dad for driving our car back for us with Jace. He had a great time. Hamblins for letting us stay with them until our house in TN sells. I love being by family!
12 comments:
I don't know about getting stains out of couches but seriously, Oxiclean gets ALL the stains out of my clothes. Wait till you hear from other people... maybe someone else knows something better but I swear by that stuff. Good luck.
We love and miss you! Glad you made it to WY safely! We will be stalking your blog as well! Keep those pictures coming!
So glad you made it safely and that you are so much closer now. Jace was so much fun to have here.
We're glad you're closer! How long will you be in Mt. View? What are your plans? We're going to be there for Thanksgiving. Is there any chance we'll get to see you?
Oh man, this post made me a little teary. I have been thinking you guys and all the emotions of moving away from somewhere that you have grown to love (even if you are moving to somewhere else even better! well, we think its better because you're close).
We're so excited to have you here. Sorry we missed you. We'll get together soon.
Ouch...sorry about the casualty - that stinks! (Probably not helpful, but maybe you could paint the whole thing.. or get a slipcover?) We had a few casualties when we moved too. Glad you got there safely. We miss you all already! Post pics of the kids so we can see how big they get!
Welcome back to the West!
We're glad that all arrived safely, (for the most part any way!)and you are getting re-settled. As far as the stain goes, was it oil or water based? I may have some ideas depending on what it was made of. If not, slip covers are great, and you can throw them in the washing machine.
Love you guys,
Chris and fam
So glad you guys made it ok! (This is Jami, Blaine's cousin Matt's wife) Come and visit whenever you want to make the drive! :)
Oh, Angie,
If your interested, I've got all the Twilight books and you are welcome to borrow them. Just let me know. :)
sorry about the couch - i remember they were brand new when we drove through colorado - so sad. the only suggestion i have is to write the stain lady in the good housekeeping magazine, i think her name is Heloise, she always seems to make light of any stain. i'm glad you are out west, good luck with getting that house sold!
Congrats on the move! Glade and I haven't read your blog in a while. How exciting. Best of luck getting all settled and best of luck with couch mess. :( Hope somebody finds a miracle for you. :)
That's a big move! But it must be wonderful to be by family again. It's fun you had the experience to go somewhere totally new for a while. So how did Jace do with your dad?
Post a Comment