Friday, January 16, 2009

It Doesn't Seem Like Christmas





































That may be because it had already passed. Gee whiz- where does the time go? We had a wonderful Christmas even if it wasn't really a white one. It was pretty quiet with just our family and Blaine's sister Andrea. Blaine's parents were gone to Green River to care for his grandma. We were anticipating this Christmas because we thought it was the first that Jace really understood what was going on. He was excited about Santa and anticipated his coming. Blaine and I take turns being Santa, so at least one of us is surprised, and this year it was my turn. He helped me carry down all the gifts that he knew about and set up Jace's workbench and train track and them he went off to bed. I love being Santa- that must be where I get my thrill these days. Christmas Eve night went without a hitch and Jace came into our room around 7:30 am and excitedly told us that Santa came. He just stared over the railing wide-eyed until we told him that we could go downstairs and see what Santa brought. It was a great laid-back morning where we all looked, played, and experimented with our new toys. Jenna seemed to have a lot of fun and was a great sport. Now "all I want for Christmas" next year is a house to put all of this stuff in! Is that too much to ask? :)

1 comment:

Emily K. said...

What beautiful children you have! Jenna is just gorgeous. I'm loving the hair! I bet you will have lots of fun with it someday.