Friday, December 28, 2007

First Name Basis



I supposed Jace and I have developed a close enough relationship to be on a first name basis--at least that is what Jace thinks. It all started a couple of weeks ago when I took a few moments to myself on a Sunday evening and escaped to the front porch. I later found out that Blaine and Jace took some time out and started looking for me. Blaine went throughout the house calling my name, "Ang?" with his little shadow right behind him calling out for me as well, "Ang?" When they finally found me and Blaine relayed the story, we got a good kick out of it. And still to this day, once in a while, a little 2 year old will call out for his mother by her first name, "Ang." We are currently in the process of teaching him that, to him, my name is Mommy.


Last week we watched one of Jace's friends while her mom was on a field trip with another child. I was gone getting a haircut, but Blaine told me that he came into the living room on one occasion to find that both of them had pushed or pulled a present out from under the tree, put it in front of the TV, climbed up on top and were happily watching their movie. Ever since then, that has been Jace's favorite spot to hang out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That story is funny and I'm sure a lot of kids call their parents by their names...I love the sitting on the presents picture, it almost looks like he's just waiting and waiting for Christmas
Andrea