Monday, May 19, 2008

Our Shed---Finally!!




Many of you have been my outlet for frustration this past month over our shed. Since we have moved into our house, I have been bugging Blaine to build a shed. This is a new addition to our family since we lack the storage space that we had in Denver. So without our basement and 3-car garage, Blaine's tools had to go somewhere. Since September they have been stowed in our garage which made getting in and out of our vehicles very difficult. So I finally gave him an ultimatum- me or the tools-- just kidding. Either get the shed built or we need to just buy one. Since he hardly has any time as it is, we finally broke down and forked over the big bucks. After anxiously awaiting the arrival of our beloved shed for almost a month, it was finally delivered. Ours was 1 of 3 coming to our area from Kentucky that day and was the first to be delivered. We had everything planned and thought it was going to be a piece of cake. Take note that when we can walk in our backyard without sinking or water seeping into our shoes, we consider that dry. Well the area we chose was very dry according to our calculations----that is until you get a 3 ton truck there with a heavy shed on it. To make a long story short- the truck got stuck, then got unstuck, then didn't want to put it where we wanted it because he was afraid of getting stuck again, then ended up dropping it on our neighbors property and told us to call them when the ground was dry and they would move it for a "small" fee. So I told him that I would see him at the 2nd coming because it will never be dry enough. All in all we finally got the shed moved that weekend with a lot of work, even more sweat and we'll throw in some sore muscles for good measure. Thanks to our neighbor for the help, or maybe he just wanted it off his property? Anyway, here is our pride and joy- well, one of them.

3 comments:

Kris said...

I'm glad it all worked out and your shed is where it needs to be. My favorite part of this post is the pictures. I love how in the first one you see a large man bending over and in the second one you see the same large man lifting up his shirt exposing his gut, too funny! Yay for your shed!

Collette said...

I didn't even notice the guy and his shirt...what was he doing? I don't think anything about moving a shed requires lifting your shirt.

Hamblin Family said...

I was hoping nobody would notice, but that is our neighbor and it was a hot day. Sorry about the pics, they're all I had.