Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Memorial Day Camping















We have been planning this for weeks and on the eve of our departure, we find out that the campsite that we were planning on going to filled up the day before. The food was bought, the truck was packed, and Jace couldn't be contained, so there was no turning back. With a few desperate phone calls around the area, we found a state park that had a couple of tent sites left. So Jace and I made the 1 hour drive over to set up the tent, pay our fees, and secure our weekend of fun. If we were looking for seclusion, we were definitely in the wrong place. The park was packed with tents, trailers, and lots and lots of campers. We were left with the campsite closest to the bathrooms and showers, which I was a little disappointed with at first, but later on the next couple of nights, I was extremely grateful for. We also didn't go having plans of taking a shower (we are camping!!), but the showers felt so good because it was hot-hot-hot! We went back home to pick up Blaine and made the trip back out there together. We had a great weekend and Jace had a lot of fun on his first real camping trip. I hope the backyard will suffice until after the baby is born because a 7 1/2 month pregnant mom and a air mattress with a deceptive hole somewhere do not get along very well. But we made it home after three days and two nights and lots of fun.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I am jealous that you have the weather to enjoy a camping trip. We are going on our second week of no snow!

Rachel Holloway said...

How awesome! Can you believe we STILL have not camped with our kids...true story. :)

Maybe this summer...they would really love it!

I love all your pics--memorable and candid--so cute!

Can't wait to see the new little person just waiting to be in your pics!

Tess said...

how fun! I can't wait to go camping. We only got one time in last year because Tegan was a baby. This year should be fun to take them both! We can't wait to see you guys this summer.

Mark and Katie said...

It looks like a lot of fun - except the sleeping in a tent when you are 7 1/2 months pregnant! Call or email sometime because my phone number for you is wrong!

Chelsea Pickup said...

Looks like you had a great time!

My Everythings said...

Cool! We keep talking about going camping, but we haven't gotten around to it yet. Looks like you had a great time.

lynsey said...

it looks like you guys had a great time. ben just brought up camping to caleb this week & they both got so excited about it. we'll have to see...

beautiful pictures! jace is so cute.

Brittany said...

your camping on memorial day looks like it was a lot warmer than our camping on memorial day! looks like you really enjoyed yourselves...despite the fact it was plan b.

Anonymous said...

It looks so fun! Sorry we missed your shower - the girls had rehearsal downtown. We have a surprise for you though...

Jill Frost said...

This looks like so much fun! Cute blog Angie! I also missed your shower due to Taylor's last ball game...but I have a present for you!!

Chelsea Pickup said...

Love the pics! Want to see more to hear how you all are doing!!!!

Jeanna said...

Angie, got your comment today. I am such an idiot. I know it's Blaine, I have never ONCE called him Blake, but for some dumb reason I put Blake on your link. So retarded. Ok, thanks for giving me the heads up. I will go beat my head against a wall now. :)

Glad you came on over to the blog. Can't wait to get news of the new baby!