Well kind of both. We went in at the beginning of January for a preliminary ultrasound eager to find out the gender of the baby. Dr. Miller informed us that, even though he couldn't be 100% sure, he was leaning toward a girl. I will admit that the news was a bit disappointing as we were expecting this to be our last baby and was wishing for a brother for Jace. It was even met with some tears once we got in the car and then again when I told Jace the news. But the good news was that she was healthy and growing on schedule. We went the next month throwing around names and thinking pink. I went in at the beginning of February for another appointment and ultrasound, only this time with the bigger machine. The appointment went well and we finally got called back to the ultrasound room. The tech was very friendly and great with the girls (I had come by myself this time). She then asked me, "What did Dr. Miller say you were having?" I told her it was a girl and she then informed me, "This is not a girl, definitely all boy." I am not sure which time I cried more. I was so excited and in disbelief. The tech was also excited and ended taking tons of pictures for me to 'prove' that it was a boy. Luckily everything else looked good as well. Jenna was the only one who was a bit disappointed. On the way home we passed Blaine's work and stopped in to share the news. He was in shock and didn't say anything for a while. We are still digesting the news and overcoming our guilt with being so happy it is a boy. So now the gears have changed. We are throwing around boy names and getting out Jace's old clothes that have been in storage for years. The blue will be an exciting change around here. Can't wait for June!
4 comments:
That is so cool. I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait to meet him.
That is so very cool! I'm happy for you guys, too! Congratulations!
Lean toward the beginning of June K...just saying :) I'm so excited for a baby!! Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Andrea
So happy for you guys! Jace will love having a brother!
Post a Comment