Friday, July 27, 2007

GUM

Well the secret is out! Jace loves gum! I was on the computer yesterday with Jace in the room with me. He walks out and shuts the door behind him, which he is good at, but he has yet to master the art of opening doors. Anyway I was okay with him being in the other room, I thought he was playing with his toys. After a while I noticed that it was awfully quiet so I went to investigate. Upon opening my door, I find a little guy with a big mouthful of gum, wrappers and all! When he saw me, he hurried to put the piece he held in his hand in his mouth, but luckily I intercepted in time. Looking into the package, I only found one and a half pieces left, so upon my calculations, he had about 6-7 pieces in his mouth. I have found out the hard way in the past that Jace has an unbelievably strong pair of chompers, that was why I wasn't too keen on sticking my fingers in his mouth to retrieve the wad of paper and gum. But being the brave and hopefully good mom I am, I put that all aside for the good of my son. I tell you, it took awhile to coax him into relaxing his jaws and then wedge my fingers inside, but we all turned out fine. No bitten fingers just really fresh minty breath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too funny!! I wish you guys lived closer. Bridger hasn't gotten to the tighten the jaws part. If he puts something in his mouth he shouldn't, he spits it right back out for me:) Today it was actually a gum wrapper. That is what made me think of that.

Anonymous said...

Oh man that is hilarious!! That's funny that he tried to put the last piece in before you got there...looks like trouble to me..just kidding I just wish I could have seen that whole thing pan out...I'm sorry it's funny!!