Monday, July 2, 2007

Home Away From Home

I may have disappointed a few people here with setting up a blog and only posting once. I am now here to redeem myself. Jace and I have been visiting my family in Idaho for the past few weeks. (is that a good excuse?). One of my brothers returned home from his mission in Chile and we were able to be here for his homecoming. Blaine also flew out for a week, but he felt like he needed to return home for something called work. Jace has had an absolute wonderful time here "on the farm". With all the animals and space, he doesn't seem able to squeeze enough time into each day to do everything. We have tried to spend a lot of time outside, since we don't get out much in Nashville because of the heat and humidity. I have also been enjoying it. I hadn't realized how nice it is to have a constant babysitter willing to watch Jace whenever I needed. Daliss, you've been a great help!! Blaine went home a week ago and Jace is missing his daddy. We return home next week and we will be ready. It has been nice to visit, but our real home is in Tennessee where we are together. Some good news is that we finally sold our house in Denver after nearly 6 months on the market. What a relief and blessing. We closed on it last week and we are anxious to start house hunting in Nashville. We have been there nearly 6 months and time has really flown by. We hope to return to the West for a Christmas visit. We have decided that we need to work on our Southern accents and get used to feeling wet all day because of the humidity. We weren't even really good with dry heat. I will try to do better with updates in the future so until then........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've had fun at home. I'm excited to see some of your adventures. Have a good trip back.

Abbie said...

Yay. Ya, I had kind of stopped checking but all of a sudden was inspired today to check it out. :)