Thursday, July 26, 2007

Jace the Acrobat

Yesterday while Blaine was at work, Jace and I decided to clean the car. Blaine has recently been taking the car to work because of high gas prices and as a result, the car has dust everywhere. On this particular day, Blaine drove the truck and I decided to give the car a good cleaning. So with Jace tagging along, I loaded my arms up with cleaning supplies and we headed outside. Jace is usually content, even vigilant, about staying in the driver's seat playing with the steering wheel and all the knobs and buttons. That being said is the reason I thought I could clean the car and keep him happy at the same time. So now the cleaning is underway and things are going pretty well. We have the windows rolled down to get what little breeze there is and Jace is happy and Mom is busy. After a while things get a little hairy. It is really humid out and Mom is sweating profusely and Jace isn't so content with the driver's seat and has now mastered the art of climbing from one seat to another, even into the back seats. As we are nearing the completion of the cleaning, Mom is in the middle of the back seat, scrubbing like crazy while Jace is in the front passenger seat playing around. When the next thing I know, I hear the sound of a door opening and look up to see Jace hanging on to the door through the open window that is now swinging open. He does have a good grip on things, but is consistently slipping lower and lower. I scramble out of the back seat and around my open door just in time to catch him. He had somehow unlocked the door without me knowing it, reached out and opened the door from the outside and pushed it open. Mother of the Year!!! At the time I was pretty upset with him, but Blaine and I got a good laugh out of it later that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that my kid isn't the only one who manages to do that kind of stuff! Speaking of mother of the year, my blistered, sunburned kid fell out of his crib today. Yeah, you might have some competition!!
Love ya