Even though Jace is pretty good at doing things by himself, such as playing, he usually wants someone there to at least watch him. The other morning I was busy doing mommy things and Jace was being uncharacteristically quiet. I would speak to him from the other room from time to time and he would very happily answer. I was bound and determined to take advantage of this time to accomplish some things without having him underfoot, so I continued on. After a while my curiosity peaked and I decided that just peeking around the corner to check on him couldn't hurt. Upon my "peeking" I discovered that he had finally figured out, and had enough muscle, to open our cabinet in the entertainment center where we keep all of the DVD's. And just pulling out 20 DVD covers was not enough, of course. He had continued on, opening most of the covers and taking out about 8-9 discs, luckily without breaking any. Upon inspection I noticed a few small scratches, none that I think will be serious, and also that we were short one DVD. I asked Jace where the movie was and he kept trying to squeeze his hand under our monster of an entertainment center. I was able to fit my pinkie finger underneath and couldn't feel anything, so we decided that if that was where "Journey to the Promised Land" (Living Scriptures) was then that is where it is going to stay for the next month until we get the crane in to move the entertainment center.
P.S. Jace was very helpful in putting the movies away. Almost too helpful.
1 comment:
It's good you have a good attitude about all the little boy things that happen.
I enjoy hearing about your lives.
love you
Aunt Janet
Post a Comment