Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Play- Doh Recipe

Due to popular demand, here is the recipe for the highly anticipated play-doh. It really is great and Jace continues to enjoy it-- plus it's super easy for mom too.

1 cup flour
1/4 cup salt
1 TBS oil
1 tsp. cream of tartar
1 cup water

Mix together and stir over warm stove until it forms a ball and pulls away from side of pan. Knead 10 times then add food coloring and knead in. Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! You're so on top of things:)

Andrea said...

I am excited to make some!

Emily K. said...

Thanks for the recipe, Angie! We had a play date the other day, and the girls wanted play-doh, but as I looked and saw that ours was all dry, I remembered your blog, and decided to try it. It's awesome! Everyone had fun making it, and all was a success. I forgot to take pictures, though. Oh, and Congrats on expecting the 2nd. You seem like such a great mom, what a blessing this new little one will be to your lives.

Jeanna said...

what a great mom you are. I remember having playdoh and I hated the smell too. Sometimes letting them play with it is such a chore because of the mess it makes, but it is so worth them being happy for a while. There was always so much that ended up on the floor and I always just thought to myself that the more on the floor, the more in the garbage bin later! Slowly our playdoh supply diminished. Bad mommy!

Kris said...

I'll have to give that a try, I think Eden would like the home made stuff better, thanks