Monday, March 2, 2009

Don't Give Up On Me



















I know I have been such a slacker. Not much has changed in our lives, but I thought I would give you an update on the kids. Jace is now in Sunbeams (for a couple of months now) and he seems to enjoy it once he gets into class. He always insists that he doesn't want to go and throws a minor tantrum when he is dropped off. Lets hope he grows out of this before high school! He has two really great teachers, Brother and Sister Rhoades. Jace has taken to Bro. Rhoades quite well. We think it's because they are the only boys in that class. The last few weeks Bro. Rhoades has been gone and when we asked Jace where he was, he said something about sheep and rugs. We didn't understand, so we just nod and smile. Yesterday Sister Rhoades pulled me aside and asked if Jace has ever seen a sheep being sheared. I told her no. She said she had to laugh because when she explained to the kids that Brother Rhoades was not in class because he was gone shearing sheep, Jace piped up and announced that the sheep had to get their rugs taken off! Now I'd like to take the credit here for teaching my kid something, but the real credit (I must sheepishly add) has to go to PBS. He loves trains (just like his dad) and him and I take a little time each day and work on numbers and the alphabet with some cool little workbooks I bought. He seems to enjoy learning, but I'm sure he just has the end goal in sight-- a treat!
Jenna is growing so fast. She is our good little eater, such a difference from Jace. She crinkles up her nose when she eats and drinks. Add that to her big, blue eyes and it's pretty cute. She has been sitting up for a couple of months now and seems to be content at that. Blaine and I can't help, but to compare her to Jace (I don't know why we do because they are so different) and Jace started crawling at 6 1/2 months and walking at 1o months. She is just starting to be interested in moving toward things, but hasn't quite figured out how to just yet. Her hair is lighter and thinner than when she was born and will no longer hold a clip. Jenna rarely cries--only when absolutely necessary. She still sucks on those two fingers and is just as happy as can be.
We love having both of them in our family.





10 comments:

sandals said...

SO CUTE!!! They are really growing up! Miss hearing from you. Yes--it's true that we are expecting a baby in August. We find out if it's a boy or girl on March 16. Can't wait! Thanks for being excited for us! I didn't post your comment on my blog yet because we still haven't told family (we're waiting until we know what it is first).

Kathy said...

Eden is a sunbeam this year too. She will be 4 in a couple of weeks. It is so crazy to think that 4 years have passed already since she was born. She seems to like it okay, but last Sunday she told me that she didn't want to go. She said that she wanted to go to Larke's class which is of course nursery. Keep posting it's fun to keep up with each other.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful children you have. We hope to "meet" you and your family soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh the kids are so cute! Jace will be fine. I had to go to Sunbeams with BJ for the first 2 months - and look he went to Chile all by himself. Jenna has grown up so much. They're so adorable.

Gail said...

Angie,

Your little family is SOOO cute!! I hope you are liking your new area. we miss you around it. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog the other day.

Gail Mitchell

Gail said...

I meant to say we miss you around here. I guess I should read my comments before send them! HA!

Neely Family said...

You have the cutest kids ever. We miss you!

C. Stover said...

Awww. So cute! Thanks for the update, they grow up so fast (especially Jenna!)

Shay and Kira said...

Angie,
Well, the only person that Shay has really stayed in contact with is Glade, and it appears you already have his blog. So it doesn' seem that we will be much help. We run into people in Burley all the time...but don't have any contact info.

Shay and Kira said...

Angie,
Well, the only person that Shay has really stayed in contact with is Glade, and it appears you already have his blog. So it doesn' seem that we will be much help. We run into people in Burley all the time...but don't have any contact info.