Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Yuck-O-Lantern


It's that time of year again--the days are getting shorter (but not cooler), the leaves are starting to turn colors (from brown to green because we're finally getting some rain), and fall (somewhat) is in the air. We carved our pumpkin for Family Home Evening and had a great time. Jace was not that into the cleaning part, in fact he was disgusted and freaked out anytime the seeds or orange goo got on him. It took a lot of persuasion to get him to finally stick his hand into the clean pumpkin. Blaine was the artist and carver and is pretty proud of himself. It was still light out when we finished, so we took it into the garage to light it. Jace again was unsure about what the heck it was, but he has since warmed up to our new visitor Yuck! (who should probably start counting his days!)

7 comments:

Mark and Katie said...

Great pumpkin Blaine. I love Jace's face when he is looking at the goo!

Collette said...

Niiice Blaine! I love the face on the yuck-o-lantern. Jace is funny. Love the expressions.
The curlers are awesome. Bridger needs a haircut in a major way. I'm not brave enough to do it myself though.
Happy fall. Wish you could wear a jacket and enjoy it!!

C Harker said...

wow you've been a busy blogger these last few days. I had to spend time and catch up on your family fun. I love the pumpkin pics. My favorite update has to be Jace laughing with his papa, I love it how he hits the table with his fist that is hilarious! Cute Family pictures too. How fun to have your in-laws in town, it's always nice to have some one else spoil your kids :)

Anonymous said...

These are great pics... Jace looks like he finally loves Yuck-o and Blaine too!! I can see the resemblance in the last one...maybe Blaine was supposed to be a pumpkin instead of my brother...j/k love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Harold and I always get a kick out of Jace's pictures. I know, I've said it before, but dang that kid is sooooooo cute. (No offense Blaine but you are a little old for cute!)

Great pumpkin pics, Happy Halloween!

sandals said...

Oh my word! I love your blog!! I'm so glad you are a fellow blogger! I had tons of fun today! Thanks for hanging out with us!

Collette said...

Ok, you need to tell everyone else about the smith family blog that has THE CUTEST PICTURES of Jace on it. I was just snooping around at your blog list and found that. Too cute. Please send us one!!:)